Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Smoked Pulled Pork

+3 HS
rosycheeks's picture
March 30, 2017 at 12:04pm
121 Comments

I've seen several threads here about smoking meat, so I know there are guys on this forum who have some good ideas. My go-to is pulled pork, and I'd like to try smoking it differently after doing the same thing several times. Typically I have given it a good coating of Bad Byron's Butt Rub, wrap it and let it sit in the fridge overnight, then smoke it for about 6 hours at 225 degrees, then throw some brown sugar on it, wrap it in foil, and cook it for another 4-6 hours to get it to about 190 degrees. Then I let it sit a while, pull it, and serve it with BBQ on the side.

I'm looking for something new.

• I'm thinking about brining it this time. Yes or no? In what?
  • I want it to be ready around 5pm on Saturday, but I don't want to get up at 4am. Thoughts on cooking it overnight, for about 24 hours, at a lower temp at least at first?
  • Thoughts on mixing the BBQ sauce with the pork? Should I mix it and then put it back into the smoker for a bit, or just mix it at the end? Mixing at the end seems pointless.

I'm no pro, so thanks for your input. If it matters, I have an electric smoker.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 121 Comments