Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2016 Tailgate Fare Week 2

+6 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
September 8, 2016 at 10:25am
58 Comments

A week one feast of Falcon is full in our bellies, and there’s a Hurricane on the horizon.  At least that’s how my inner announcer voice calls it. 

After laying waste to Bowling Green, The Buckeyes look to keep it rolling against Tulsa Saturday afternoon.  And, the 3:30 EDT time slot is the perfect tailgate slot, for my money.  You don’t have to get up too early, and you don’t have to wait all day for the nighttime banger, either.  You can sleep until a normal – non-workday – time, then get your day started with good pace and tempo.  And, you have a great reason for day drinking! 

So, as you sit around for your afternoon festivities, I’d like to offer you a concoction Mrs 3M makes up for us from time to time, and it is a delicious classic – the Hurricane.

As anyone who’s gone from the Sugar Bowl, to the French Quarter, to the airport knows, you want to pace yourself when drinking Hurricanes, because they taste like Kool Aide, but they hit like a hammer.

Mrs 3M’s Hurricane Delight

INGREDIENTS

2 Cups Bacardi light rum
2 Cups Bacardi dark rum
2 Cups passion fruit juice
1 Cup orange juice
Half of a lime, juiced
1 Cup grenadine

DIRECTIONS

Mix in a pitcher, chill, drink, repeat.

PRO TIPS

• As anyone who’s ever been to a Gavin DeGraw concert at the Dallas House of Blues, and had to drive eight hours back home at 8:00 a.m. the following morning knows, you want to pace yourself drinking these.  I’ve been told they hit like a hammer.
  • You can use whatever brand of rum you prefer, we just usually stick with Bacardi. And, you can substitute some lime juice for the real deal, if desired.  It would be about ½ ounce of lime juice to a half lime.
  • You can add fruit for flavor, and a snack, if desired.
  • Basic math skills allow you to mix this recipe in exaggerated quantities. 

Hopefully everyone enjoys their tailgate/game day spread – responsibly.

Save the Stupid Human Tricks for late night TV.

Previous Editions:
Week 1 - Cucumber Spaghetti Salad

2015 Tailgate Fare

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 58 Comments