Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

New Advertising Trend

0 HS
cinserious's picture
May 5, 2014 at 5:42pm
28 Comments

I saw a Little Ceasars commercial yesterday and the tag-line was "Its the better way to pizza". Basically these commercials take a word like 'pizza' and turn it into a verb. Not to be a grammar Nazi but there's no way we will ever see 'to pizza' in the English dictionary.  There are several other examples I've seen in commercials in recent months but unfortunately I can't cite any of them (maybe you can help rephresh my memory). I can't stand when advertising agencies do stupid, trendy shit like this to try to tap into the 'Twitter culture' or whatever. The last time they did that was with the whole 'who can come up with the most lame, stupid, corny commercial possible'. I suspect that this is only the tip of the iceberg in this new AD trend as there will be many, many more. I'm not sure if any of my fellow 11W members have picked up on it but its starting to piss me off.

For example, if I was an ad exec hired by the National Pork Council, my campaign might go like this: "Try making bacon for dinner tonight, its the new way to pork".

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments