I will get to as much as I can in the mailbag on Thursday, but as I continue to talk to recruits this week and what not to get interviews, I wanted to give you some of the info I got from this weekend:
- Alex Anzalone obviously committed Saturday and it looks like Maurice Hurst beat me to the punch of putting it on Twitter by about a few seconds haha. He is a great kid from a great family and has been an awesome recruit in terms of giving you access to interviews and what not. Class act all the way and tremendous athlete on the football field. Big win for OSU.
- Joey Bosa was in Saturday and I was actually told the staff felt he was in during the middle of last week. I told some of you at the Spring Banger it would be any day once he got home and he obviously made it public yesterday. I don't think many of you realize how good of a player Bosa is......this kid could be a Top 5 player NATIONALLY when it's all said and done...another big win for OSU.
- Mike Heuerman is the third "bash brother" with the two on top and was supposed to announce yesterday, which was who I was alluding to. The media and coaches bombarded him yesterday and I think the pressure is getting to him a bit. I still think he is a Buckeye at the end of the day, so look out for an announcement to one school or the other in the next week. Will be another big win for the Bucks if he picks OSU.
- Maurice Hurst Jr. loves everything about Ohio State, but maybe waited a bit too long to visit. OSU has Billy Price, Tracy Sprinkle, and now Joey Bosa on the d-line. Don't forget Lewis Neal could play OLB/DE hybrid and you now have a formula for the staff telling defensive linemen to hold off because they need to see if there will be room. I think if we could take 25 in the class this year Hurst would have been a Buckeye this weekend, but it may not turn out that way because of limited space.
- James Quick's visit was an A+ and the staff rolled out the red carpet for him and dad as expected. As I mentioned I will eat crow on this one as a few months back I didn't think the staff would pursue him that hard, but then Robert Foster botched his own recruitment and things changed a bit. Quick jumped to the top of the board and the Spring Game visit made him a legit contender to be in this class. Louisville and OSU are the two finalists so it will be student vs teacher as Meyer tries to take him from the in-state Cardinals and Charlie Strong. I'm not sure if this one will end soon, but definitely trending Buckeyes.
- Lewis Neal obviously committed, but I'm not sure he would have been able to had Courtney Love committed as planned. As I mentioned Love was silently verballed to the Bucks about 3 weeks ago or so, but Bo Pelini worked some Mooney magic and the Huskers won this one fair and square. Neal is a solid player and I think slightly underrated by the recruiting services, but by now you should know if Urban Meyer took him he's pretty good. Chalk this one up to Everett Withers and you can probably eliminate your dreams of Tim Kimbrough becoming a Buckeye if you're in that camp.
- Mitchell Trubisky is all Buckeye if they will take him. They are going up to see him throw within the next few weeks and we should have an answer then. They are telling him they want two quarterbacks in this class and he is their top option for the open spot. I actually really like Trubisky as a player and would love for him to be a part of this class. I think this is a kid who eats up everything Meyer/Marotti preaches and will be a great Buckeye if the committable offer comes his way, which I think it will.
- Drew Barker is the top 2014 QB on OSU's board right now and they are going to see him throw soon. I think once they do he will have an offer and I won't be shocked to see him as the first commit in the 2014 class. Barker, Dominique Booth, and Devon Rogers are all 2014 guys that really hit it off this weekend, just as an FYI. Barker could be the leader in this class and be a big time recruiter for the Bucks for 2014. Oh yeah, and he's a BEAST on the football field.
I'll have a JT Barrett interview today and try to catch up with Lewis Neal and Bosa later. Also, should be in touch with Mike Heuerman, but going to let him make his decision, whenever that comes before I speak to him.