Here's my Top 5. I'm taking the approach of "What Program I'd Take Over in 2017."
Some programs I would NOT take due to poor management from the AD (USC), academic limitations (ND), terrible fan support (Miami), or ridiculous, unrealistic fanbase (LSU), not following Saban (Bama), or simply, primal hatred (UM).
(1) Ohio State - no commentary needed.
(2) Texas - on par with tOSU in recruiting base (best HS football in the nation), money, etc. PLUS - it's in the South (weather) & plays in a weak league.
(3) Clemson - location, successful program, able to recruit Carolinas, Georgia, Florida, Virginia, Maryland with ease.
(4) Michigan State - I'd take all that Ohio talent OSU doesn't, plus pick up a handful of national talent from Florida/Virginia/Penn. Basically, the Jim Tressel plan for success. And I'd still get to beat Michigan every year.
(5) Oregon - NIKE money and advertising, ad infinitum. Pipelines of recruiting to California & Texas. Location.