Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

2016 Tailgate Fare Week 11

+7 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 11, 2016 at 8:50am
47 Comments

It all comes down to this, a three game stretch that will all but decide the B1G East, and make one fan base or the other very, very sad.  And, it starts with a trip to Maryland.

Quick, what is the first food you think of when you think Maryland?

I hope you said crab.  If you didn't, then we can't be friends.

OK, maybe that's a bit much, but crab is the first and, really, only food that comes to mind for me when I think of Maryland.  So, this week I wanted to go with the flow.  But, I really don't make much with crab meat, and last year I got myself in a bit of hot water with a recipe that called for (gasp!) imitation crab meat. I think we've all recovered, but better safe than sorry.  So, I stay tangentially related, but change it up a bit.

Cod Cakes

INGREDIENTS

2 large potatoes, peeled and halved
1 pound cod fillets, cubed
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon grated onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 egg
3 tablespoons oil for frying

DIRECTIONS

• Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender.
  • Add the fish to the pot and let the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl.
  • Add butter, onion, parsley, and egg to the bowl; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into patties.
  • Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.

PRO TIPS

This one is pretty straight forward, guys and gals.  Not much to add to it, except that you can transport them in your heated dish and insulated carrier to your tailgate.  If you do so, I'd probably separate the layers with foil so they don't stick together.

My apologies for dropping this a day late, but when life gets you, life gets you.  

Happy Veteran's Day brothers and sisters.

Previous Editions:
Week 1 - Cucumber Spaghetti Salad
Week 2 - Hurricanes
Week 3 - BBQ Chicken Burgers
Week 4 – Macaroni Salad & Deviled Eggs
Week 5 – BBQ Baked Beans
Week 6 - Crescent Roll Jalapeño Poppers
Week 7 – Hot Sausage Cheese Dip
Week 8 - Walking Tacos
Week 9 - Crustless Quiche
Week 10 - Hot Corn Dip

2015 Tailgate Fare

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments