Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Week 10 Tailgate Fare

0 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
November 5, 2015 at 8:53am
73 Comments

Week 10 brings us a November night game in the Shoe, and a night game tonight for Mrs 3M and myself.  With rain cool, windy temps in the forecast, we’ll be heading to our tailgate after work, and Mrs 3M will have prepared this delicious treat, which is sure to be devoured on a dreary evening.  I think it would also go well for a late afternoon tailgate in Columbus in November.

German Potato Salad

Ingredients: 
Boil in their jackets, peel and slice: 
4 large potatoes 
Dice: 5 thick slices of bacon 
Prepare: 1 Cup chopped onion 
Mix dressing ingredients in measuring cup: 
¼ Cup wine vinegar 
¼ Cup water 
¼ Cup sugar 
Use to taste: salt and pepper 

Directions:
1. Fry the diced bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until almost crisp. 

2 . Add chopped onion and continue stirring until onion is cooked and turns slightly golden brown.

3 . Add mixed dressing ingredients, heat and stir until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved. 

4. Add sliced potatoes, mixing everything together well.

5. Season with salt and pepper.

6. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, for at least 10 minutes, or until the potatoes have absorbed all the liquid and are heated through. Continue heating and turning the mixture over for another 5 to 10 minutes. 

May allow to stand for additional 10-15 minutes to let the flavors blend completely, and serve. 

I hear this makes a perfect side dish for smoked gopher.  Go Bucks!

Previous Tailgate Fare

Week One: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Week Two: Chicken Tacos
Week Three: The World's Greatest Veggie Dip
Week Four: Jalapeno Stuffed Pretzel Bombs
Week Five: Turkey Cheddar Kabobs 
Week Six: Southwest Chicken / Crab Pinwheels
Week Seven: 3M’s Original Chili
Week Eight: Crock Pot Buffalo Wings
Week Nine:  Community Tailgate Extravaganza

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 73 Comments