Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

3M's Week Five Tailgate Fare

0 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
October 1, 2015 at 9:51am
137 Comments

B1G conference play is finally upon us!  When I was considering what recipe to share today, it occurred to me that opening conference play this year is a lot like the cocktail hour before a banquet.  You would like to have some delicious food, to go along with your beverages, but nothing too heavy; nothing that will fill you up.  So, I remembered something Mrs 3M made before that was easy, simple, and light – sort of like Indiana football.

Turkey Cheddar Kabobs

INGREDIENTS

1 pound deli-smoked turkey, cut into 1” cubes
1 8-oz. package Cheddar cheese cubes
1 pint grape tomatoes
1 16-oz. jar dill gherkin pickles
30 4” wooden skewers
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce

DIRECTIONS

Thread 1 each of first 4 ingredients evenly onto wooden skewers. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
Serve with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.

PRO TIPS

We added a cube of ham to ours, replacing the tomato from some, because someone doesn’t like raw tomatoes.
You can usually find the cubed meat in the deli section, or ask the deli counter to cube your choice of meat (ham or turkey) for you.
You can prepare your own honey mustard dipping sauce, but we just buy ours (usually the Emeril Legasse brand, but I recommend Hickory Farms).
And, because pictures have been requested:

OK, so not every week can top the previous week, so I hope this isn’t a letdown. My hope is that by the end of the year, I will have covered all facets of the tailgate spread. Hopefully everyone enjoys their tailgate/game day spread!

Previous Tailgate Fare:

Week One: Buffalo Chicken Dip
Week Two: Chicken Tacos
Week Three: The World's Greatest Veggie Dip
Week Four: Jalapeno Stuffed Pretzel Bombs

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 137 Comments