Your Friday 11W Digest catches you up on the content you might have missed or need to read again for your own good.
This Week in Skull Sessions
- Saturday: Urban's Way works on the WR corps, the new "Quick Cals" tradition, a slimmed down Zach Boren's potential new role and a sit down with Krenzel. (Jeff)
- Sunday: Jalin Marshall goes off, Bri'onte Dunn loses his stripe, Garrett Goebel fluff, checking in on Purdue transfer Rashad Frazier, Vanderbilt might cancel for next year, the B1G stinks against top five OOC competition and OSU appears in the top 50 hoops programs of the last half centruy. (Sarah)
- Monday: The new 11W Fall calendar, "Quick Cals" are coming, black stripeless tally, the DISH may drop BTN and a raw interview with Shelley Meyer. (Jason)
- Tuesday: The first depth chart is released, some similarities between Tressel and Meyer, Phil Steele's list of "right place, right time" coaches, some more B1G predictions, some random observations from Tom Dienhart's tour and "Sweet Caroline" is no longer on the Beaver Stadium playlist. (Sarah)
- Wednesday: Potential rain on Saturday won't slow the passing games, Adam Jacobi's B1G predictions, 25 games that will decide the BCS Championship, fallout from the OSU Twitter ban and unresolved depth chart issues at STAR. (Chad)
- Thursday: The first day of college football, five ways OSU will be different in 2012, please don't purchase this shirt, former Irish RB Allen Pinkett is dumb and Jason Lloyd's reaction to the Twitter ban. (Jeff)
- Friday: A big weekend for the B1G to kickoff the football season, words of encouragement from Mekka Don, Bill Hancock discusses the potential selection committee, Maty Mauk gets in some trouble and don't forget to get your 11W Dry Goods discount through today. (Chris)
This Week in Editorials
- The Long and Winding Road: The redemption tour of Marcus Hall continues. (Kyle)
- Youth and Experience Dot the Landscape: Urban admits his emotions will be high Saturday, while 14 freshmen makeup the two deep. (Kyle)
- The Game Day Experience: Whether you choose to watch at the 'Shoe, from the couch or at a bar, it's all about the gameday rituals. (Alex)
- Bloody Tuesday: A look at Urban's toughest day of practice. (Kyle)
- First Do No Harm: Meyer must win for Ohio State, but also leave the program clean. (Ramzy)
- Buckle Your Chinstrap: Corey Linsley has become the apex of the offense. (Kyle)
- Braxton Miller Goes to School: Miller is poised to lead Ohio State back to greatness. (Kyle)
- The Situational: Week One: Some non-Buckeye wagers to get your weekend going. (Ramzy)
- Preview: Miami (Ohio) at #18 Ohio State: What to expect in the first game of the season. (Kyle)
This Week in Recruiting
- 11W Recruiting Notebook: Miami Week. (Alex)
Best of the Rest
- BlogPoll Ballot: Our initial poll has USC atop the standings. (David)
- Miami Game Poster: A present from Walt. (11W Staff)
- Meyer Presser Recap: Miami: News and notes from Urban's first press luncheon. (Kyle)
- Carlos Hyde is Ready: The highlight from ESPN's All-Access. (11W Staff)
- Traditions in Good Hands with Meyer: "Quick Cals" join the mix, along with Meyer's history with Miami and his humorous style. (Kyle)
- Known-Unknowns: 6 Things I Will Be Looking for Saturday: Six questions that could shape OSU's strategies. (Ross)
- Miami Tuesday: Practice Updates: News, notes and quotes from Bloody Tuesday. (Kyle)
- Flashback: Ohio State vs. Miami (OH), 2000: Cooper's final year. (Joe)
- Around the Oval: Our weekly recap of other Ohio State sports. (Jason)
- Announcing Eleven Warriors Dry Goods 2.0: This time with hip American Apparel models. (Jason)
- Miami: Wednesday Practice Updates: Notes from the final day of media availability before the game. (Kyle)
- Across the Field: Miami (OH): Matt Sussman of Hustle Belt and Tom Downey of The Miami Student join us to discuss this week's game. (Elika)
- Power and Its Discontents (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Dave): Don't worry, Dave is alive and well at OSU. (Ross)
- Eleven Dubcast: The One With Chandler in a Box: Matt Sussman joins us vocally this time to preview the RedHawks. (Johnny)
- Your Click-Clack, Football's Back Open Thread: It's best to watch football amongst some friends you've never met. (11W Staff)
- 11W Round Table: Miami Edition: The staff's thoughts on the start of the season and Saturday's game with Miami-OH. (David)
- Miami Bucknotes: Hot off the presses. (11W Staff)
- Buckshot: Ohio has New Helmets for the Penn State Game.
- Buckshot: Ohio State to Wear "Rivalry" Uniform this Season.
- Buckshot: Little Do They Know: BC is loving them some Jim Bollman right now.
- Buckshot: Et tu, Eddie?
- Buckshot: Joey Bosa is Downright Dominating.
- Buckshot: Floyd Mayweather Throws Down Big Money on Michigan.
- Buckshot: Big Ten Schools Told to Beef Up Schedule.
THE PEOPLE'S CHAMP for the WEEK of AUGUST 25-31, 2012: Jalin Marshall-BALLER, by OLDCOLUMBUSTOWN, Vidoe and discussion on Ohio State fans new favorite prepster to watch this fall.