Thanks once again to Buffalo Wild Wings, the Official Sports Bar of Eleven Warriors, The Dubcast continued its
World Tour tour of Central Ohio, recording this episode Thursday night in Delaware. With yours truly Trick Or Treating with The Little Tyke, recruiting savant Garrick Hodge stepped to the plate (literally and figuratively, as wings were indeed consumed) to co-host this week's episode.
Johnny and Garrick dished on what they liked from Ohio State's thumping of Indiana, and why they're not quite ready to crown the Buckeyes kings of the world just yet. They also looked around the Big Ten to see if there is anyone left to challenge Ohio State for conference Supremacy, notably previewing Saturday's mitten-state matchup between undefeated in-state rivals in East Lansing.
The big topic of the night was Penn State, if James Franklin has one foot out the door for the West Coast, and if Sean Clifford and company have a puncher's chance inside the Horseshoe Saturday night.
Plus: Ask Us Anything (which you can do at email@example.com) wants to know if Johnny is literally laughing when he says he thinks something is hilarious, and the secret sauce behind Jim Tressel's Least Favorite Moment of The Game.
RUN OF THE SHOW
- Welcome to Delaware, Dubbers! Thanks to Buffalo Wild Wings, the Official Sports Bar of 11W for hosting!
Garrick and Johnny give their take on the win over Indiana
- What they liked, what they're still suspicious of
- CJ for heisman???
- Let's take a quick check in on Michigan... allegedly they're back, maybe, sort of.
Around the Big Ten and Other Relevant Bywaters
James Franklin's comments about being a candidate for the USC job
- ...now contrast that what Mike Tomlin said about the same question.
- The 9 OT game between Illinois and Penn State may have set football back 20 years
- Also, Clemson is bad, which is funny. Very, very funny.
- James Franklin's comments about being a candidate for the USC job
- Ask us Anything!
The Official Dubcast Penn State Preview
- Clifford sucks, they all suck, Ohio State by a hundred
- Does James Franklin know where he is?
- Is Dotson literally their only good offensive player?
- They have a terrible rushing attack, and Clifford did not cure their ills
- Arnold Ebiketie might be an interesting problem for OSU
- Who has the bigger game, OSU's passing or rushing attack?
- Recruiting implications! This is Garrick's wheelhouse, so we can't not talk recruiting!
- Official score predictions, and Garrick and Johnny name their MVP of the game.
That's this week's show – thanks to the staff of the Delaware Buffalo Wild Wings for their awesome hospitality, and thanks to everyone who came out to join the fun this week.
If you missed this week's stop on our tour, you (yes, you!) can come hang out with us for three more fantastic Thursdays of fun, where you can participate in a live version of Ask Us Anything, eat wings and other delicious sides and convince Johnny and I to consume the spiciest food available on the BWW menu starting at 7 p.m. Eastern.
Here's where and when you should come hang out:
- November 11th – BWW's Easton Town Center, 3969 Morse Crossing Columbus OH 43219
- November 18th – BWW's Taylor Square, 2386 Taylor Square Drive, Reynoldsburg OH 43068
- November 26th – Dublin, 6595 Perimeter Dr. Dublin OH 43016
We'll start the show at 7 p.m., so make sure to get there early to watch us awkwardly try to set up a bunch of expensive audio equipment and/or say hi.