If you can imagine Cardale Jones as the heavy-hitting boss of his own video game... then you have the beginning of a glimpse into how I feel about tonight's game (8:17 p.m. EST, FOX).
The stakes of tonight's contest need no introduction:
We have some unfinished business in this stadium.... pic.twitter.com/9LgyaSicgd— Tyvis Powell (@1Tyvis) December 6, 2014
On the City of Marion: I am more confident in Cardale Jones going berserk than I am in waking up. Perhaps this is the delusional psychosis one is worked into after blaring Mike Jones' "Mr. Jones" for 72 hours straight, but I'll be damned if I'm not rolling out with Cardale Jones 1000%. (Look at that header photo... that's a man who came into this season dripping swagger.)
If you feel Ohio State is an underdog today, don't feel bad for your terrible #take. Feel bad because you're cheating yourself out of the best part of being a fan.
Ohio State is going to eat tonight. Not to say Wisconsin won't land its body-blows, but it doesn't have the heart to go with Ohio State for 60 minutes. Ohio State by at least 14. Write it in my blood if you must.
|Time (ET PM)||Matchup||Favorite||TV||Internet|
|12:00||IOWA STATE at No. 3 TCU||TCU (-34)||FOX||Fox Sports GO|
|4:00||No. 1 ALABAMA vs. No. 16 MISSOURI||BAMA (-14½)||CBS||CBS Sports|
|7:45||No. 9 KANSAS STATE vs. No. 6 BAYLOR||BAY (-7)||ESPN||WatchESPN|
|8:00||No. 4 FLORIDA STATE vs. No. 11 GEORGIA TECH||FSU (-4)||ABC||WatchESPN|
(All odds provide by Sportsbook.ag)
ICYMI: Oregon beat up on ol' Dicke Rodriguez and Arizona last night in the Pac-12 championship. The Ducks are in, and they might be the No. 1 seed. Oh, and Marcus Mariota is your 2014 Heisman winner. (Via @foybj: Mariota is singularly as powerful as Michigan's entire offense.)
I'd also like to buy some Missouri stock, but I have a hard time placing confidence in a QB named "Maty." The lack of the second T is infuriating to me.
I want to believe Florida State loses today, but I don't think it will matter for Ohio State. All the Buckeyes need to do is play competent and win, and I think ESPN greed will do the rest. I really do. (Do I care if that were the deciding factor of Ohio State leapfrogging TCU? Hell no.)
THE BADGER DOSSIER. Here's all the Badger-centric #content from people more talented than me:
- Maks' Wisconsin preview.
- The Big Ten Championship Roundtable, featuring Jason, Vico, and Patrick.
- Tim's look at what it takes to slow down Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon.
- The official trailer for the Big Ten title game.
- Kyle Jones hits the film to scout the Badgers.
- Walt's #B1GChampionship game poster.
- J.T. Barrett's words of wisdom for Cardale Jones.
- Reminder: Ohio State will don No. 53 decals for the fallen Kosta Karageorge.
- Last chance to win an #OhioMoon swagpack.
- Matt Finkes and ESPN's Adam Rittenberg join the Dubcast to talk #B1GChamponship.
- It's time for a title under Urban Meyer, says Tim.
- This Week in Data: Ohio State's offense? Extremely good.
R U NOT ENTERTAINED? Already up to date on your 11W medication? Here are some more words to help you pass the time until tonight's kick in Indianapolis:
- TIL: Melvin Gordon is the catalyst of Wisconsin's offense.
- Both Ohio State's and Wisconsin's defensive coordinator are products of an unlikely coaching tree.
- Ohio State prepared for a physical Wisconsin rushing attack.
- Melvin Gordon gets #bizzy in second halves.
- From our old friend Kyle Rowland: Gordon is eager for his chance.
- Video: Wisconsin's Fox Sports preview of the #B1GChampionship.
- If Jones goes down, where will Ohio State turn? (Citro had the appropriate answer.)
- Fact: Cardale Jones is older than Johnny Manziel.
- Those who know Cardale say while he lacks experience, he doesn't lack confidence.
- Preview of the Josh Perry-Joshua Chambers feature to debut tonight during the game.
Going B1G in Indy
We've partnered with PrimeSport to make it
easy for you to pick up tickets and travel
packages for Saturday's Big Ten Championship
game in Indianapolis.
#PERTINENTHEISENBERG. I used this clip earlier in the year (maybe Week 1?) but with Cardale Jones assuming the reins today... hell, you already know it's true: NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN!!!!
Not even you, Melvin Gordon!!!
(< 100 yards on the day).
THOSE WMDs. Headed to Indy? Don't speed, but here are some OSU pregame spots... Complex portrait of OSU's Kosta Karageorge emerges after player's suicide... #SchianoForMichigan... Interesting strat, bro... Inside the world of bass fishing cheaters... The Man Who Created Tetris.