Things have been a little crazy around here recently.
You may be aware that Ohio State played a pretty important game last weekend. And, as you may also be aware, despite the predictions of many national and local pundits, the Buckeyes emerged victorious from said contest.
As a result, we here at 11W have been busy bringing you the best coverage of all things scarlet & gray, both before, during, and after the contest (a.k.a. we didn't put up the Top Play poll last week). However, the distinguished Top Play committee would never allow such a hallowed institution to move forward without a chosen highlight from OSU's exciting 52-51 overtime victory over Maryland two weeks ago.
In case you missed it earlier this year, the best performance from each of the 13 games (including Saturday's Big Ten championship) will face off in a tournament throughout the month of December, with each round's winner decided by you, the readers. Then, after the top play from playoff/bowl game(s) has been crowned, it will face off against the regular season winner for the ultimate title of 2018 Top Play.
Now with plenty of highlights to cover, onto this (and last) week's nominees:
Nominee #1) Dwayne Haskins finds Terry McLaurin for a 68-yard TD run and catch
Nominee #2) Johnnie Dixon makes a diving, 35-yard catch
Nominee #3) Haskins finds Rashod Berry on a crucial 4th-and-1
Nominee #4) Haskins barrels into the end zone for the winning score
Nominee #1) Chris Olave adjust in mid-air to haul in a 24-yard TD
Nominee #2) Shaun Wade lights up Karan Higdon on a swing pass
Nominee #3) Sevyn Banks takes a punt blocked by Chris Olave all the way to the house
Nominee #4) Parris Campbell races 78 yards untouched on a jet sweep
THIS SEASON'S WINNERS SO FAR:
- Week 1: Touchdown Terry McLaurin races 75 yards for the score
- Week 2: Tate Martell's 47-yard touchdown run
- Week 3: Dre'Mont Jones picks off a shovel pass to put OSU up 26-21
- Week 4: Austin Mack adjusts in the air to haul in a spectacular back-shoulder catch for six
- Week 5: Binjimen Victor zig-zags through the entire PSU defense for a 47-yard score
- Week 6: Binjimen Victor gets both feet down in the back of the end zone
- Week 7: K.J. Hill shows off his hands of glue with a one-handed grab
- Week 8: The Buckeye Punt team downs a kick inside the 1
- Week 9: J.K. Dobbins breaks a 42-yard TD run to close out a win
- Week 10: Terry McLaurin bats a punt back from going into the end zone