Welcome to the Drue Chrisman show!
After a performance that would've made the godfather himself blush, we here at Eleven Warriors Dot Com have decided to celebrate the punting game all week, and have even handed over the reins of this week's Top Play poll to Columbus' most popular kicker since Mike Nugent.
OK, not really. But we came close.
Last weekend's slugfest in East Lansing reinforced every negative stereotype about the Big Ten, with the most important play in football taking center stage. Thanks in large part to Chrisman's right leg, the Buckeyes were able to force the Spartans into a handful of game-altering mistakes that ultimately led to a 26-6 victory that looked far better on paper than it did on the field.
But although Chrisman came away a star (despite what the conference may think), he wasn't the only Buckeye to make plays on Saturday. He was certainly assisted by gunners Terry McLaurin and Jeff Okudah, and members of the Ohio State made a number of big plays to keep MSU from ever sniffing the goal line as well.
Onto this week's nominees:
Nominee #1) Brendon White blows up an MSU reverse
Nominee #2) Terry McLaurin bats a punt back from going into the end zone
Nominee #3) Jeffrey Okudah downs a punt inside the 2
Nominee #4) Dre'Mont Jones gets to the QB and forces an INT for Shaun Wade
THIS SEASON'S WINNERS SO FAR:
- Week 1: Touchdown Terry McLaurin races 75 yards for the score
- Week 2: Tate Martell's 47-yard touchdown run
- Week 3: Dre'Mont Jones picks off a shovel pass to put OSU up 26-21
- Week 4: Austin Mack adjusts in the air to haul in a spectacular back-shoulder catch for six
- Week 5: Binjimen Victor zig-zags through the entire PSU defense for a 47-yard score
- Week 6: Binjimen Victor gets both feet down in the back of the end zone
- Week 7: K.J. Hill shows off his hands of glue with a one-handed grab
- Week 8: The Buckeye Punt team downs a kick inside the 1
- Week 9: J.K. Dobbins breaks a 42-yard TD run to close out a win