For The Best Damn Band in the Land's final halftime performance at Ohio Stadium this season, The Ohio State University Marching band offered up a suite of classical compositions from throughout the history of fine music. In roughly eight minutes, TBDBITL managed to squeeze in a total of 10 songs that paid tribute to some of the most iconic musical works of art across previous centuries.
The setlist for TBDBITL — entitled "Finis à la Buckeye" — began with "Overture to Candide" and included many other famous pieces such as "Habanera from Carmen," "Clair de Lune," and "1812 Overture." The performance concluded with "Hallelujah Chorus," which unfortunately turned out to be an ironic ending given the result of the game.
The band also trotted out Script Ohio for the final time at home this season prior to kickoff to a roar of approval from a full Horseshoe.
best tradition in all of sports. pic.twitter.com/c2I7G6g2M4— Eleven Warriors (@11W) November 26, 2022
This was the eighth home performance for Ohio State's band this season on a schedule that featured many more games in Columbus than usual for the Buckeyes. TBDBITL's penultimate halftime show came against Indiana earlier in November and featured a tribute to The Rolling Stones.
- #3 Michigan 45, #2 Ohio State 23
- • Buckeyes Lose Second Straight Rivalry Game
- • Secondary Surrenders Too Many Big Plays
- • 52-Week Quest Ends With Even Worse Result
- • Michigan Plants Flag on Block O
- • Ohio State Postgame • Photos • TBDBITL • Quotebook • Notebook
- • Michigan Postgame • 3 Key Stats • Five Things • Social Reax • Debriefing