Defeat is a tough pill to swallow. It is even tougher when it comes to a heated rival, but that's what happened for the Buckeyes on Saturday.
To make matters worse for the scarlet and gray, Michigan's players planted a maize and blue flag on the Block O at midfield of Ohio Stadium following their 45-23 victory over Ohio State, marking the Wolverines' second consecutive win over the Buckeyes.
Flag planted. pic.twitter.com/vBHd0ICliQ— Jordan Strack (@JordanStrack) November 26, 2022
UM plants the flag in the Block O pic.twitter.com/Sl554UWQlK— angelique (@chengelis) November 26, 2022
Ohio State has not defeated Michigan since Nov. 30, 2019 – a game the Buckeyes won 56-27 in Ann Arbor – which means it has been 1,092 days since the team beat their most-hated rival. They will have to wait another 364 days until Nov. 25, 2023, for their next opportunity to take down the Wolverines, at which point it will have been 1,456 days since Ohio State has won The Game.
- #3 Michigan 45, #2 Ohio State 23
- • Buckeyes Lose Second Straight Rivalry Game
- • Secondary Surrenders Too Many Big Plays
- • 52-Week Quest Ends With Even Worse Result
- • Michigan Plants Flag on Block O
- • Ohio State Postgame • Photos • TBDBITL • Quotebook • Notebook
- • Michigan Postgame • 3 Key Stats • Five Things • Social Reax • Debriefing