Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Do You Enjoy the Ohio State Game Open Threads?

+15 HS
johnblairgobucks's picture
December 19, 2022 at 7:10pm
75 Comments

Football and/or Basketball?
What do you like most about them?
How could they be better?
I like open game threads, on 11W, when they don't involve Ohio State. I think some good observations are often made. It's enjoyable to join a light hearted conversation about a game, while watching one on TV.
I will post a comment or 2 in an Ohio State Open Thread, but by and large, the threads have gone into the dumpster the past few years.
Reading a lot of game threads where posters are unhappy, so they come on this site to spread their unhappiness to everyone else.
The threads would be better, imo, if we had a mute button function, where we could not have to read or even skim the comments of what amounts to the same 10-12 posters that are extremely negative, or get so intoxicated that they become over the top Debbie downers.
People don't use this site to be miserable. Do they need to vent, from time to time? Sure. But do we need to hear that Holtman needs fired, everytime Ohio State falls behind by 2 points? Nope.
Just my observation, as I've been reading and posting on this site for 11+ years, that an outlet to help enjoy the games has become a complete disaster.
Maybe some feedback on how to improve the Open Threads could assist the Mods, Jason P and the other site managers into breathing some freshness back into what was once so fun.
TL...DR?
Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments