Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

PSA, Commenting Policy Rule #2

+64 HS
Fatpants's picture
November 29, 2022 at 12:13pm
98 Comments

Hello, my name is FatPants. I graduated from The Ohio State University in the late 90s. I have many fond memories of my time on campus and have an emotional attachment to my fine alma mater. Hearing Carmen Ohio performed gets me in my feels. The older I get, the more the words "Summer’s heat or winter’s cold, The seasons pass the years will roll, Time and change will surely show
How firm thy friendship … OHIO!" really resonate with me.

Bad losses like we saw Saturday hurt my soul. As a lifelong victim of Cleveland sports, losses are nothing new, but losing to The Rival in such a fashion (IN COLUMBUS!!!!!) just kicks me right in the ol stones.

So I get it. People are mad and venting, but while doing such things on 11w we must remember the commenting policy. The first rule is the whole no politics thing which is no secret, but I'd be remiss if I didn't call attention to the second rule, "DON'T BE A JERK."

There's been a growing element of toxicity that will be eliminated, and how you fine folks can help is by remembering that rule. Just be respectful of each other. A good rule of thumb is to not say anything online you wouldn't say to someone whose fist is within arm's reach of your nose.

The jerkishness going forward will be dealt with in a more severe manner in an effort to keep the forums a place where people want to hang out. Doesn't matter who started it, or if you're in the right, it's like football: throw a punch and you're headed to the locker room.

Please be patient while we mop up and keep in mind there's a few of us and a lot of you, so transgressions aren't always noticed. My email is gordopantalones at gmail dot com (i'm old, but a kid told me once if I spell my email out like that online I'll get less spam) if anyone sees an issue that warrants attention.

That's all. Just remember-

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 98 Comments