Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Open Letter to Jason, Staff and Mods

+64 HS
USArmyBuckeye's picture
May 30, 2020 at 10:52am
92 Comments

Gentlemen,

I have no clue if this is a majority or minority opinion, or perhaps just the opinion of one, but regardless I need to say this.  This site has been my safe haven, my escape from the shit that is often the real world, since I learned of it in 2012...until recently.  Between political divisions and opinions, all things covid and covid responses and now, George Floyd and the fallout from that event, venturing in to the comments on staff articles and/or the forums is an exercise in masochism.

I fully understand and respect you’re previous response to similar sentiments Jason, but I believe this well intended “venting” has passed the point of becoming out of control. I’m not calling for censorship of people or ideas.  I would very, very much like to see the staff and mods begin enforcing the commenting guidelines, specifically in the area of political comments, more stringently. The self-policing nature of the forums is not up to the task.

Thank you for your time and consideration, whatever the response may be.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 92 Comments