Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Have We Forgotten What the Downvote is For?

+46 HS
D-Day0043's picture
August 5, 2018 at 1:04am
180 Comments

Disagreeing with someone’s comments is not what a downvote is for. It is for policing trolls, lewd political or racist comments, or for using foul language inappropriately. 

I don’t know if it’s because there are a lot of new people coming to the site, but the overall attitude on this site has not been very good lately. I’ve noticed a lot of bickering and arguing amongst each other, and a ton of downvoting just because someone has a difference of opinion. Not because they were being vulgar or trolling. We need to stick together, especially at a time like this.

I don’t know about you all, I live in $EC country so I don’t have anyone to talk about the Buckeyes with. I come here to talk football with people that love and have passion for the same team I do. I love the Buckeyes, and I want to have conversations with people that love them as much as I do, not to see a bunch of bickering and arguing. I can go on Bleacher Report if I want to see that crap.

I’ve been a member of this site for several years now and the daily conversation is starting to look like a game open thread.

We are supposed to be brothers and sisters from all walks of life, race, and religion with the common bond of passion for the Buckeyes. That was what made this site so great and unique because it was an escape to talk about the team I loved for a little while without having to worry about people arguing over all of that outside stuff. 

I realize this is a tumultuous and difficult time right now, and I hope that we can get to a resolution soon and move on. I love Urban Meyer, but he is a human and humans are fallible. Not everything is sunshine and roses and it should be alright to talk openly about the possibility of mistakes made by the staff and administration without being downvoted into oblivion. We need to stick together, and have each others backs and not argue like a bunch of children.

I’m done preaching.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 180 Comments