Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Site Search Results Display

+2 HS
buckeyefan333's picture
January 3, 2018 at 2:37pm
5 Comments

Is there any rhyme or reason to how the site displays search results? For me, I recently did the search with the parameters "The Situational" since I was looking for a specific drink recipe in an article from a few months ago. 

On the front page of the results, there was a mixture of articles returned, all of which correctly had "The Situational" in the title, from all different years. The first result was from 2012, followed by posts from 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, before returning to one from 2012.

I couldn't find any way to filter or sort by date or any other parameter and it only gave me an option to view the full archives and scroll through all posts until I found the one I was looking for.

My question is, how does the site search algorithm work regarding filtering and sorting results?

*Apologies if this is a duplicate post, I searched for similar topics but couldn't find any.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments