Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

Trigger-happy with Downvotes

+13 HS
HouseHarleyBuilt's picture
April 22, 2015 at 11:25am
252 Comments

I've noticed recently that people are getting downvoted for having opinions that differ from the majority. After watching Earthoid get DV'd 12 times for saying that the new shirt isn't the best effort from 11w, I became worried about the state of affairs on the site. He even went out of his way to say the shirt was "cool" but still suffered the wrath of 11w loyalists. This has to stop.

This is the best fan site on the internet. But, it only reached that status because in addition to amazing staff and user content, the forum discussion is spirited and open to all sorts of differing opinions. Downvotes should only be utilized to mark someone as saying something inflammatory that crosses a line. If we're going to start downvoting people because we disagree with them, people are going to be afraid to speak their minds. This is my plea: Please, people, do not downvote people for being different than you, downvote them only if they've done something to deserve it.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 252 Comments