Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Bengals, Andy Dalton, and Joe Burrow

-1 HS
andretolstoy's picture
December 5, 2019 at 11:22am
103 Comments

I was confused when the Bengals benched Dalton early in the season and then went on to lose 11 straight. I never thought that Dalton was ever the reason for the Bengal's woes. I think the guy is a good QB. But since he's been benched, with the poor record there has been talk about the Bengals using the number 1 pick to draft Joey Burrow, which I'd be pretty excited about to be honest.

Now, they put Dalton back in and state the only reason he was benched was to assess Finley and not because Dalton played poorly. With Dalton back in, the Bengals won easily and are likely to win a few more games and lose the number 1 pick, potentially losing out on Joe.

So my confusion is back to square one. Should they be playing Dalton at this point if they have chance to get Joe? Shouldn't they be working with Dalton to get him a good trade for a team that could actually win with him before he retires?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 103 Comments