Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Jalin Marshall to the AAF

+7 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
September 5, 2018 at 8:27am
25 Comments

Good to see Jalin continuing to heal up and play ball. I think he'll get another shot at the NFL. Haven't seen any other Buckeyes sign, yet. I'm sure there will be some.

I've been looking into the AAF. The AAF is setting itself up as a feeder/development system for the NFL. The games will be from February through April with a 2 round playoff. 8 teams (mostly in the South & West) will have players assigned to them from set colleges and/or pro-team location. I've always thought this was a good idea for regional/fan loyalty. However, the AAF leaves out the Big 10 & Pac 12 from this formula, strangely. Should've put a team or two in Philly, NYC, or DCMetro and/or Chicago, Milwaukee, or Indy IMHO.

Players are signed to 3 year, $250,000 contracts (with top flight medical insurance)...but if they're called up to the league they can go (unlike the CFL's 2-year contract lock). This will be interesting for players like JTBIV. He made the Saints practice squad, which is good. But QBs like him need playing time to develop. 

Bottom line is MOAR FOOTBAW...in the Spring when MOSTLY nothing else is going on (early MLS, MLB seasons...Pre-NBA playoffs). Will compete with March Madness, though.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments