Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

I Need advice for which Ohio Sports teams I should root for.

0 HS
Gobucks2204's picture
June 11, 2015 at 8:28pm
52 Comments

Right now I root exclusively for the OSU football and basketball teams, but I would like to branch out to major league baseball and NFL football. I usually root for any teams that have Buckeyes on them in the NFL, but feel like I need to root for a local team since I live in Central Ohio.

Growing up, I was a Celtics fan when they had Bird, McHale, and Ainge and company. As I've gotten older I have come to love the Cavs and support them exclusively especially with Lebron playing for them, and being that they are an Ohio team and I enjoy supporting teams from my home state. 

I guess I need advice as to whether to be a Reds or Indians fan for baseball, and a Bengals or Browns fan for football. I grew up rooting for the Reds and saw Pete Rose get the hits record, and wept tears of joy when the Reds swept the A's.  I also supported the Bengals when they had Collinsworth, and Kenny Anderson. As I've gotten older I drifted away from the Reds and Bengals to the point where I don't follow baseball anymore, and don't follow football until maybe the playoffs.

Should I go back to my roots and cheer for The Reds and Bengals? Or change my allegiances to the Browns and Indians or some combination thereof? Or should I just root for all Ohio teams and support the one that is doing well at the time and be a bandwagon fan?

Any advice would be great. Each decision might contain it's own heartache but I'm willing to take the risk. Thanks in advance for your insight.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments