Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

OT: Some Quick Personal News

+30 HS
Andrew Ellis's picture
August 8, 2021 at 12:26pm
111 Comments

#SpoilerAlert: This won't be all that quick.

I wanted to let everyone know that this is my final day with 11W. Jason was gracious enough to give me an opportunity about six years ago, and I can never thank him enough for allowing me to contribute and be a part of this website and community.

My fiancee recently finished optometry school and is now back in the area after being in Columbus for the last four years. We've now got a wedding to plan, a family to start, and all of that other fun stuff. Due to all of that – as well as my full-time job – I simply won't have as much time to devote to the website as I've had in the past. I'll oddly miss staying up until 3am every Saturday in the fall to finish the Big Ten recaps, but I'll enjoy the few extra hours of sleep. 

I've been reading the site for over a decade now and will continue to do so. There's a seemingly unlimited supply of talented writers and first-class people. I'm really going to miss interacting with them on a daily basis, but I truly have nothing but positive things to say about each and every one of them.

As for the community, thank you guys for being awesome. The forum banter has without question been my favorite part of the site. I've made it a point to check the recruiting threads basically every day when at lunch and throughout the evenings. The engagement has always been top-notch. Shoutout to 305 (and everyone else) for constantly creating new threads and posting updates. I can't even tell you how many times I've come to post something only to find out that someone else already did so 10 minutes ago. 

The Ohio State fanbase is blessed more so than any other with a number of really good outlets covering the program. This is the first one that I've ever officially been a part of, so it will forever hold a special place in my heart. 

Thank you all for reading and interacting. I'll miss it. 

Thanks <3

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 111 Comments