This little series will follow the rankings of Ohio State's 2022 commitment class and will run on the last Friday of each month.
It is always interesting to see the ups and downs that each player's ratings will take between now and the first Wednesday of February.
|RANK||PLAYER||JULY||JUNE||MAY||APR||MAR||FEB||JAN||1M +/-||OVR +/-|
New commits in bold.
stricken out and italicized.
#Terrance Brooks, Kojo Antwi and George Fitzpatrick are not included in June's team Average.
*Kaleb Brown, Dallan Hayden, Terrance Brooks, Kojo Antwi and George Fitzpatrick are not included in May's team average.
**Ryan Turner, Kye Stokes, Kaleb Brown and Dallan Hayden, Terrance Brooks, Kojo Antwi and George Fitzpatrick are not included in February's and March's team average.
^Kyion Grayes, Ryan Turner, Kye Stokes, Kaleb Brown, Dallan Hayden, Terrance Brooks, Kojo Antwi and George Fitzpatrick are not included in January's team average.
- The Buckeyes had more players drop in the ratings (11) than increase (3).
- Even with eleven players losing points, Ohio State still had its overall team rating increase because of the large gains by Kyion Grayes (+153), Terrance Brooks (+42) and Benji Gosnell (8958) leaving the class.
- Grayes' increase of 153 points in a single month is impressive. However, it's slightly lower than the 522 points he jumped in February.
- For the second straight month, Ohio State's team average increased.
- Quinn Ewers is currently the highest rated quarterback in Ohio State history.
With CJ Hicks losing his fifth star status, Ryan Day is down to three 5★ recruits in the 2022 class. The only Ohio State recruiting classes to have more than three 5★ recruits were 2002 (4), 2008 (4), 2017 (5) and 2021 (5).
TE Benji Gosnell decommitted on July 27, 2021. Gosnell lives in North Carolina and his brother attends UNC.
DE Dasan McCullough decommitted on April 25, 2021 and pledged to Indiana on the same day.
It's a Fact
If Quinn Ewers enrolls in the near future, he will become part of Ohio State's 2021 class and become the highest rated QB in Buckeye history. The first day of fall camp is August 4th (Wednesday).
Ohio State's Top Classes Since 2000
|RANK||CLASS||POINTS||5★||4★||3★||AVG||B1G RANK||NAT. RANK||COMMITS|
Four Fast Facts
- 94.59 is the highest final player average for a Buckeye class that included at least 10 commits. The 2022 class is currently the best in program history with an average player rating of 94.67
- Ohio State has 282.84 points and is currently the best class in the B1G and the nation.
- The Buckeyes have never had the nation's No. 1 recruiting class.
- Since 2000, Ohio State has had the Big Ten's best class 14 times. If things hold, 2022 will be the 15th class to take the top spot.