Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Today Was My Final Day at Eleven Warriors – A Major Thank You to All of You Guys For Reading and Following Along

+6 HS
Zack Carpenter's picture
May 2, 2021 at 6:31pm
62 Comments

A bittersweet forum post tonight – Sunday was my final day working at Eleven Warriors.

I came to Columbus from Hartford, Connecticut in September 2019 after transferring to the East Coast from central Illinois. It's been a hell of a 19-month ride here. This job genuinely helped save me, and it gave me some of the best memories of my life. But it's time to move on.

Pretty proud of some of the work I did here over the last year and a half, and I hope you guys enjoyed it. A few personal favorites were talking to TreVeyon Henderson and his mom, Lakeesha, about how she helped take their family down the right path; my conversation with Gee Scott Jr.'s father about how he impacted the life of homeless Ohio State fan Jerry in Washington; sitting on the front porch of Jantzen and Mitchell Dunn's Kentucky home in Bowling Green and them entrusting me with the details of the night he flipped from Oklahoma to the Buckeyes.

Getting the opportunity to write those stories and to be on the sidelines as a photographer at the biggest games of the past two seasons were incredible, and I'll forever be lucky to have had them. I was also incredibly lucky to have the backbone of Dan, Colin and Kevin in my corner. Without them, I wouldn't have lasted more than two weeks here. Just ask them, and they'll tell you how rocky that first week was (lol but not really laughing). Also a shoutout to Andrew, who was an awesome guy to lean on throughout my time here.

A big thank you to Jason and those guys for taking a chance on me and allowing me to grow during my time here. And a massive thank you to all of you guys for reading my work and following along. I'm sure you'll all miss the endless, gratuitous movie references in my stories.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 62 Comments