Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: Three Things After Rutgers

+19 HS
milhouse4588's picture
November 4, 2023 at 4:53pm
81 Comments

Care: Healthy Tre is one of the best in the country.

It's been two years since we saw him truly healthy. Well WELCOME THE FUCK BACK. Our line draws energy from him and his agility and speed is a huge deal, not to mention his receiving ability. It's good to have him back and it prevents the defense from being able to single out MHJr. Pick you poison, opponents. It's so fun watching him.

Don't Care: Our ranking.

We aren't the best team in the country. We may just have the highest floor because of our defense. We covered the spread because our defense is that damn good. But we aren't the best team. Our ranking probably should drop after today, as the #1 designation was resume and UGA should be Mizzou. But this team has guts and somehow makes it happen.

Care: McCord still isn't it, can we all admit it?

He's the best we've got and has made some good throws. But he is our anchor. Not because he keeps us moored and steady, but becuase he holds us down.

His weaknesses don't lessen every week, and he doesn't improve his strengths. Somehow we are becoming a rushing team because we can't depend on his ability to throw the ball. It's an issue and if defenses have the talent, selling out the run to make him beat us by throwing is exactly what should happen.

Don't Care: Rutgers Total Yardage

The Defense is just really good. For a good portion of the game we played without three starters on an All-American defense and still only let one TD be scored overall.

Injuries do matter and we were missing three of the most important guys on defense. And we let up 190 yards on 42 rushes when you take away the one big trick play. That's pretty darn good considering our injuries, imo.

We've played better but when an offense is using the QB run significantly, yardage will happen. When it mattered our guys buckled down and kept points off the board.

Care: Special Teams

Bad punts. Bad fake punts. General mediocrity.

It's discussed by many but worth another mention here. Our offense has its weaknesses and we can plan around them. Our special teams are a problem and also keep people in the game and it should be easy enough to simply... Function. We don't need anything special from special teams. Just run the plays normally and execute. #FireFleming.

Don't Care: transitive property

For the next week all we will hear from Michigan fans is the common opponent of Rutgers on the road and how Michigan played them better than us.

Even removing all cheating possibility aside, fuck that. I hate Michigan and I still think it's a 50/50 match up right now. Our defense is better than their's, in my opinion, and a fully healthy OSU offense can score enough, even with my criticism of McCord.

Let's get to 11/25 and show them what we've got.

Go Bucks.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 81 Comments