Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Replace One Position Coach from Any Era of OSU Football with Another

+4 HS
MediBuck's picture
May 26, 2023 at 2:36pm
45 Comments

Since it's the offseason and fun, meaningless hypotheticals are fair game, I'm curious to see what 11warriors think of the following question:

If you could replace one position coach (cannot be a head coach or coordinator, or at least not in a coordinator role) from any era of OSU football with another OSU coach from another era, who would it be and why?

Two immediately jump to mind for me:

(1) Imagine the Meyer years with Brian Hartline as WR coach. One unit consistently underperformed during Urban's tenure (we will avoid discussing the controversy of why here) and if we were able to recruit and develop wideout talent during the twenty-teens the way we do now, that offense would have been truly unstoppable. I can imagine several games that went in one direction would have swung the other way, and we would have made deeper CFP runs in 2015, 2016, and 2017.

(2) Tressel was able to recruit well at QB, but never got the most out of the position after Joe Daniels unfortunately passed. If Ryan Day could have managed the Vest's signal callers in his final three seasons, you have to believe that he could have molded Terrelle Pryor into an absolute superstar.

Curious to hear your thoughts!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments