Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week’s Question: Which Former Player Do You Want to Join Ohio State’s Staff Next?

Dan Hope's picture
February 6, 2023 at 8:00am
55 Comments

With the recent addition of James Laurinaitis as a graduate assistant, Ohio State’s staff now includes six former Buckeye players.

Laurinaitis joins a group of men who once played for the Buckeyes that are now working for the Buckeyes that also includes offensive coordinator Brian Hartline, secondary/cornerbacks coach Tim Walton, program assistants Devin Jordan and Owen Fankhauser and director of player development C.J. Barnett.

Based on what Ryan Day said in his press conference on Wednesday, it sounds likely Ryan Day will look to add even more former Ohio State players to the staff in the future.

“These are guys who understand what it means to be a player here,” Day said. “I think that absolutely matters. I just think, whether it's a recruit and their family, or whether it's a player, they've been there before, and they understand what that means, and what it means to be a Buckeye. And for me, to have those guys part of this thing is really important. So I think it does make a difference.”

With that in mind, if you could choose any former Ohio State player to join the staff next, who would you choose and why? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 55 Comments