Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

3 Game Comparison UM vs TOSU

+10 HS
Silver Bullets 22's picture
October 29, 2022 at 11:23pm
77 Comments

Now with a little more of the season played from us and our main competitor. I thought I would pull the scores for a nice 3 game average. Since for obvious reasons the only game they want to compare is the PSU game. Xichigan scored 97 and gave up 38 against the trio of Msu, Iowa, and Psu.
Ohio state scored 147 and gave up 61.
Both teams had 2 home games and 1 away. So thats even. Our score averages out to 49-20. And theirs is 32-13. Our offense is averaging 17 more points and our defense is giving up an extra TD. So we have a solid 10 point a game advantage. And that extra TD we are giving up could be attributed to us having more substantial leads and putting in our 2's and 3's in the 3rd and 4th quarters. After watching their game tonight I can tell you now their strength is stopping the run and their Achilles heel is their secondary. That matches up well for us considering we are one of the better passing teams in the country. Our weakness is also in the secondary to teams with 4/5 WR sets. They don't have the passing game to take advantage of this weakness. JJ is not very accurate when throwing over 10 yards down field. Msu was playing with a back up line snapper today and therefore went for it when faced with FG opportunities. Had a punt blocked because of a high snap. This team doesn't scare me at all. They are the old Xichigan with a better RB but less of a passing game.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 77 Comments