Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2022 TAILGATE FARE - WEEK 5: CHILI CHEESE DIP

+15 HS
osurox's picture
September 29, 2022 at 1:42pm
30 Comments

Good Mor...Afternoon Dubbers! Sorry for the delayed post; work gets in the way sometimes, HA! I had something special lined up for today, but 3M kind of stole my thunder last week with a similar type of dish - even though it was awesome and got destroyed. 

Speaking of destroyed, that's about how I can summarize what we did to the badgers. What a game! When our offense is clicking, noone stands a chance, and Mr. Knowles may know a thing or two about running a good defense. With the mighty red knights of Ruuuuuuhtgas coming to town, I think we all know what's about to happen to them too.

This week, I am partaking in a chili cookoff with some friends, a cookoff in which I am the reigning champ. Now I am sure you all have amazing chili recipes, so I will spare you all my award winning recipe. This dip works with basically any chili, even if you want to go cheap and get a can of hormel or stop by Wendy's. My family makes this all the time back home, and uses skyline - which is pretty damn good. This is super simple, easy to scale up, and is delicious!

Ingredients:

• Chili (homemade preferred)
  • Cream Cheese (1 block of Philadelphia works, use 2 if you want a thicker layer or you have a hearty chili)
  • Freshly grated cheddar (16 oz+)

That's it. You can spice it up depending on the chili you use, but I assume most of us use peppers, beans,  and onions etc. in our chili. If you do use something like Skyline, consider adding onions, peppers (jalapenos work great), and/or other kinds of cheese - like pepper jack for more heat etc.

Directions:

• Preheat oven to 375 F degrees
  • Spread cream cheese in an 8" or 9" pan, in an even layer
  • Top with chili and bake 10 minutes
  • Remove from oven and top with cheese.  Bake 5-8 minutes, until melted
  • Let stand for 5 minutes or so, then serve with tortilla chips or fritos; It is best when piping hot

Pro Tips:

• Top the cheese with some diced jalapenos for extra kick
  • IF you are feeling crazy, add some olives, lettuce, diced tomato etc. after pulling from the oven
  • Add some liquid smoke to the cream cheese (mix up before spreading)
  • Grill a brat or dog, and top with this dip

Go Bucks!

Previous editions of TGF

11W Tailgate Cookbook

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments