Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Would a Shortened Season Be a Disadvantage for Us in the Playoffs?

0 HS
Josh P's picture
December 2, 2020 at 12:14pm
43 Comments

Do you think that if we head into the playoffs having only played 6 or 7 games that puts us at a disadvantage against a team that’s played 10-12? I think it actually puts us at a major disadvantage, especially the way our schedule hasn’t really allowed us to develop a rhythm. 

After 6 games a team is just starting to form an identity and work out kinks. Coaches are building a good idea of who can execute what schemes well and what our strengths are that we can rely on. A team that’s played twice as many games as us would have a major advantage in this regard and it’s one that I’m not sure our talent can make up for. 

To clarify, I’m not asking if a 6 or 7 game season leaves us worthy of a playoff spot. I’m of the opinion that a 6-0 or 7-0 OSU will be selected for the playoffs although that’s obviously not certain. I’d just be super nervous about watching that version of us go play an Alabama or Clemson or even Notre Dame.

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments