Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How About a Spring Playoff?

-1 HS
westy81585's picture
July 10, 2020 at 12:38pm
4 Comments

Over the last few years I have become a betting man (it's legal in PA and I'm a degenerate -- you should see my browser history).  I wouldn't bet you the pop-encrusted block of pennies and nickels in my cars cupholder right now that we have a football season this fall.  Going further than that, said block-of-change is about all I would bet you we have a "season" in the spring -- and that makes sense!  We've gotta crush it in, anyone with a good draft spot isn't gonna wanna risk it, etc, etc.  

So how about this.  We're already going to be doing Spring practice -- how about we take the top 16, or maybe 32 teams, from last years rankings and put them into a single elimination playoff at the end of Spring ball?  Obviously a few things would need to be moved around, obviously a number of stars would still sit out (though I honestly think you may net more than you think with this)... But that could be exciting right?  

I dunno, it's a slow Friday at work and I'm spit balling.  Even if not a playoff, I think it could be a lot of fun to see some actual GAMES at the end of spring ball next year.  Maybe instead of the annual snoozer of a spring game we actually play a game vs a Texas or a Georgia.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments