Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I Thought Two-point Conversion Call by Dabo Was a Foolish Decision with Almost No Upside

-5 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
December 29, 2019 at 12:44pm
11 Comments

Whether the score was 27-23, 28-23, or 29-23, Ohio State has to drive the length of the field or else lose the game.

Scoring on the two-point conversion only meant Ohio State would have had to convert on the extra point to win; and what would the odds have been of a missed kick?

But, by going for two, Dabo opened the door for the possibility of Ohio State getting two points back on an interception or scoop & score.  Remember how Ohio State was on the path to scoring on the interception of a two-point conversion by Washington in the Rose Bowl before whoever made the interception slipped?

I realize the odds are slim but still such a turn of events would have made the score 27-25, with Ohio State only needing a field goal to win.

I’m surprised the announcers didn’t comment on the pros and cons of Dabo’s decision.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments