Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Battle Tested: How Much Does Playing 3 Top 10 Physical Team Help OSU?

+8 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
December 9, 2019 at 8:34am
71 Comments

Clemson is a good team and are well coached and I’m not going to pretend they are bad because they played a crap schedule. You play who is on your schedule. 

However, Ohio State has been in a defacto playoff for 3 weeks, in emotional/physical games against Top 10-15 opponents, 2x in terrible weather.

Does this “battle harden” OSU more than Clemson? I’d like to think so. Everyone has a plan until they’re hit in the mouth. OSU has taken heavyweight punches and countered. This week...down 21-7...they weren’t even worried. They knew what to do and importantly, believed they could do it. 

I think that Clemson is equally talented. Had they played in the Big, could have won it.  But they didn’t. They’ve played in no games that were truly challenging their talent. If we come out aggressive (rushing game like it was against TTUN) and hit them over and over, not backing down... I think experiences of the last few weeks is a major advantage to us. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 71 Comments