Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Initial Thoughts on the Bucks in the Playoffs

+5 HS
Scarlet_Fire's picture
December 8, 2019 at 1:20pm
87 Comments

Curious for the immediate reactions/thoughts on the Bucks looking forward now that the CFP has been decided. The first thing that came to mind for me would’ve happened no matter who the Bucks were slated to play: I know the quality of opponents is a factor, and in the end they stepped up when it mattered in the face of adversity and did their jobs and made timely plays, but this PSU-through-Wisky Part II defense needs to get back to sound tackling (back 7 in particular), consistency of the pass rush; a lot of big plays given up (compared to pre PSU, at least), untimely drives allowing TDs/momentum changes after the offense gets in the end zone, among some other things. Also: not taking advantage of easy turnover opportunities. I feel like this D should have had 10 picks from PSU through last night! 

I feel very confident about our chances vs Clemson and not trying to be a debbie downer, that’s just my *initial* thought looking forward, certainly not the only. I’m sure there’s plenty of positive immediate reactions about the near future, as there should be. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments