Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

"...Healthy and Fresh at This Point in the Year - Which is Great"

+11 HS
buckeye phi's picture
November 21, 2019 at 11:32pm
39 Comments

Ohio State Head Coach Ryan Day mentioned in a recent presser that he was "Certainly optimistic to get those guys back", when referring to a group of veteran players who could potentially be returning (from injury) to action against Penn State this Saturday.  He added, "It will be good to get them back and we were overly cautious probably a little bit last week". 

It is quite possible that this week Ohio State could see the return of wide receiver Austin Mack, defensive end Jonathon Cooper and linebacker Baron Browning.  Plus, cornerback Damon Arnette (who warmed up for the Rutgers game - but fairly obviously didn't play for precautionary reasons only) will almost certainly return to action verses the Nits.

Perhaps Day's most telling remark was, "I think we're healthy and fresh at this point in the year - which is great".  That brings to mind how truly remarkable it is to be quite this healthy after ten games of FBS football.  That's one of the main reasons I'm in agreement with those who believe the Buckeyes are well positioned to make a serious run for all the marbles this season. 

And - oh, by the way - the best player in all of college football this year will be returning to the lineup Saturday.  As every 11Wer knows, Chase Young was not out due to injury - which means Penn State's offense will be up against a fresh, rested, 100% healthy and pissed off Predator.

There is every reason to think this team's level of play will continue at a very high level.  For that matter, it is conceivable - make that likely - that the nation's top scoring defense will get even better - just in time for two traditionally tough opponents to close out the regular season schedule. 

I chose the words "traditionally tough" for a reason.  When I first saw some of the spreads for this Saturday's game I thought nineteen points, etc., seemed awfully high for a program that traditionally plays Ohio State so tough.  But upon further review, I'm starting to think that spread might be just about right -

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments