College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

CFP Consideration of Alabama

+3 HS
Sonof'47alum's picture
November 11, 2019 at 10:57am
130 Comments

Yes, I commend Alabama for continuing to fight back in the second half against the #2 team in the country.

But here’s the bottom line from my perspective: Alabama was very lucky not to have suffered a 12-point loss at home against LSU.  I mean, it required a ridiculous defensive lapse for Bama to have scored its final TD.

So, if the final score had been 46-34, would the committee be treating this game differently?  

Put another way, should the committee be viewing this game as, for all intents and purposes, a loss by almost two TDs? Because that’s what it seemed like.

And, if Bama ultimately has nothing else on the resume other than a possible win over a ranked Auburn team, why should it merit serious consideration for the CFP?  At least in the year Ohio State made it in without winning its conference, it was co-champion of its division.

If you can’t even be co-champ of your division, you don’t deserve to be selected in a four-team field in my humble opinion (especially given the soft schedule Bama has played this year).

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 130 Comments