Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Game on the Line: Which Unit Would You Trust Most?

0 HS
VintonCountyBuck's picture
November 10, 2019 at 9:22am
25 Comments

Ok.. So I got into this conversation yesterday.  And someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but as it stands right now I believe the Buckeyes now have the #1 Scoring Offense and #1 Scoring Defense in the country after this past weekend.

We were discussing this during the LSU/Bama game wether we would trust our Defense more with a lead or our offense more with the chance to win the game.   The obvious scenario came up.

Clock winding down late in the National Championship game against Joey B and LSU for all the marbles.  Our offense has been pretty much unstoppable the whole second half...But we have a Redshirt Freshman QB and we’ve settled for field goals.  Our D has played lights out but Joe has been able to capitalize on a few costly mistakes and has made this game way closer than it should be.
Would you rather:

Have the ball near the goal line, with the chance to run out the clock and win it all. But you’re down by 4 and need to punch it in to make that happen? 

Or, would you rather be on Defense, up 4 with time running down and no time outs to stop the clock?  Chase Young is back.  He’s having the best game of his career. And our pass rush has been relentless. But you don’t have the ball.

I know most can only dream of having a chance to win the game at the end of the day..  But I also lived through this:

Which unit do you trust more?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments