Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is This Nebraska's "Superbowl"?

+3 HS
buckeye phi's picture
September 25, 2019 at 11:10am
57 Comments

While there is good reason to be optimistic going in to Saturday's match-up with the Cornhuskers - at the same time, there are some major concerns. 

Looking at the remaining games on Nebraska's schedule, there are only two ranked teams to go - Ohio State (currently 5th), Wisconsin (currently 8th) and Iowa (currently 14).  Since the Badgers are destined to drop in the rankings after they visit Ohio Stadium October, 26 (typed while knocking wood) - that makes the Huskers' game with the Buckeyes their best opportunity to make a major statement in a, so far, somewhat disappointing season for their program. 

Add to that, for them - it's a home game - at night - College Gameday will be there, etc., etc.  And, of course, they played us within five points on our home turf last year - so they have some reason to be feeling rather hopeful 

Everything adds up to this being, far and away, the Cornhuskers' biggest game of the season.  In other words, "Nebraska's Superbowl". 

By the way, I do not think the Huskers will be in contention to win the B1G West when it's all said and done. 

Naturally, Ohio State is often the biggest game on a given opponent's schedule - but there are more considerations than usual for this one.

Also, the Buckeyes can not count on the turnover bug continuing to bite the Huskers as frequently as it has so far this season.  Plus, Martinez, Robinson, Spielman and company may present more concerns for our defense than anyone has thus far. 

Don't get me wrong.  I think Ohio State's coaching staff will keep the players focused - and we have more talent at every position I can think of.  So, I remain optimistic.  But, under the circumstances, it is somewhat guarded optimism -

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 57 Comments