Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

ESPN Shuns OSU... Again

0 HS
BuckeyeBen7.7's picture
April 17, 2019 at 12:05pm
112 Comments

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/26539077/college-footbal...

Espn put out their FPI predictions for the upcoming football season. As expected and as it should be, Clemson and Alabama are number 1 and 2 respectively. After that though, things get dumb. Michigan and Georgia are essentially tied for third. Teams like Oregon and Notre Dame are in the top 8. Where are the Buckeyes? 12th, with a 6% chance to make the playoff and a 1% chance to win the Championship.

I am well aware that this team has many flaws it must address before the season. It’s breaking in a mostly new coaching staff. There’s other factors, like a weak out of conference schedule (although I think Cincinnati will be a 10+ win team). I understand we’re not a top 4 team at this moment. But to have us at 12th with a 6% chance to make the playoff and a 1% chance to win the Championship, behind teams like Oregon and Notre Dame? That’s just flat out dumb and further lowers ESPN’s credibility.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 112 Comments