Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Perspective is the Key when Trying to Digest the QB Situation During the Spring Game

+6 HS
ANOTHERMICHIGANLOSS's picture
April 15, 2019 at 8:28am
12 Comments

Comments are everywhere.  Conclusions have been drawn.  People are wanting Baldwin.  But I think everyone needs to take a step back and consider what we saw on Saturday.  We saw every time a QB was touched the play was blown dead.  We saw two very different QB's running very different plays.  Baldwin got a lot more action, probably partially because he now has a full year in the system and partly so they don't hang Fields out to dry.  I think we saw what we wanted to see on Saturday.  Fields can run and throw the ball hard.  Baldwin can chuck the ball as well and seems to have a calm demeanor meaning he is comfortable with the playbook.  I still think Fields is going to take this as he will prove to be more of a playmaker, especially when tackling is allowed.  Also, for everyone drawing conclusions as to who should start, let me just drop these stats from last years spring game:

Burrow:  15-22 238 yards and 2 TD's
Haskins:  9-19 120 yards and 2 TD's

I don't think anyone in their right mind would have traded Burrow for Haskins last year after seeing how it played out.  Even those that last year at this time were screaming for Burrow to be the starter (still check daily for the we were completely wrong thread).  It's going to be a fun battle, but the two things I took away from the game Saturday outside of the QB situation is that the secondary seems to be playing with some urgency which is great considering Fuller didn't even play, and Wilson is going to be on the field this year in some capacity.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments