Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is OSU Now Regressing Under Meyer?

+10 HS
Chicago Connection's picture
October 20, 2018 at 11:31pm
60 Comments

I know, that seems like a big overreaction to one game.

But this isn't about one game. 

The question is, after two straight years of embarrassing road losses (wherein this year’s “bad loss” very well may wind up keeping the buckeyes out of the playoffs just like last year), but when you combine the persistent schematic failures, plus what looks like routine failures to motive players, and now, apparently, fails to adequately develop players so as to address weaknesses, and, oh, yeah...

Offseason scandals, not to mention old pals who become overpaid coaches that now routinely underperform, someone has to ask the obvious question…

Is the program starting to slide backwards just like the Florida program did at the end of Meyer’s range? 

Is that merely an over reaction?

If nothing else, I'm honestly curious, because I sincerely don’t know. But I have to say, while the Buckeyes have laid eggs before in individual games under Meyer, I’ve never seen a Buckeye team under him taught has regressed week-after-week in such an obvious pattern. 

Yes, we have great talent, but we also have obvious weaknesses (or are we breeding weaknesses?), and other teams attack those very same weakness under the assumption that Ohio State does not possess the ability to change course, and sadly... They’ve been right.

So what are your thoughts? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments