Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Game by Game Predictions

+2 HS
CharlotteBux's picture
August 29, 2018 at 9:32am
52 Comments

Week 1 Home vs Oregon St. - Buckeyes pull this one off 52-14. Starters play the first series after half time and that's it. Dobbins/Weber combine for 300 yards.

Week 2 Home vs Rutgers - Buckeyes win 49-10. See a little bit more of what Haskins can do in this game.

Week 3 in Jerry World vs TCU - Tough game, especially in the first half. Eventually, our D line wears them down and our playmakers start to come alive. Buckeyes 38-17.

Week 4 Home vs Tulane - Buckeyes 52-13. See 1 above.

Week 5 at Penn State - Toughest environment we'll play in all year. The boys respond well. Penn St. lost a lot of talent and it shows. Buckeyes 34-14.

Week 6 Home vs Indiana - Buckeyes 45-21. For some reason, the game seems a lot closer than the final score. Something about those pesky Hoosiers.

Week 7 Home vs Minnesota - Buckeyes hit their stride and destroy Fleck & Co. I'll miss this game as I'll be at an engagement party that has football games playing on projection screens (but only SEC games b/c I'll be in S. Carolina). Buckeyes 51-14.

Week 8 at Purdue - W. Lafayette: Where Dreams Come to Die. Not this time. Buckeyes struggle but the talent gap is too much to overcome for the Boilermakers. Buckeyes 38-20.

Week 9 Bye Week - Hopefully, no arrests, injuries, skipping of classes, etc.

Week 10 Home vs Nebraska - I have a feeling this will be a night game again. Buckeyes welcome Frost to the B1G. Buckeyes cruise 44-17.

Week 11 at Sparty - Dantonio loves revenge and playing the underdog. Sparty will be ranked 7-10 around the time of this game. They return a lot of starters but OSU's D Line dominates. Buckeyes 31-14.

Week 12 at Maryland - Maryland is a mess right now, more so than we are. Buckeyes cruise and starters don't play a snap in the second half and don't show much to scUM. Buckeyes 49-21.

Week 13 - Home vs scUM - Michigan is the most intriguing team to me. They could be undefeated at this point or they could have 4-5 losses based on their schedule. However, you know this will be a hard fought game. I see something similar to 2015 in which it's a tough/not much offense in the first half w/ OSU pulling away in the second half. Harbaugh can't beat OSU again. Buckeyes 34-17.

Champ Week - Guess who? Wisconsin. However, they'll have one loss. Their schedule/cross-over games are more difficult this season. Ohio State will be ranked 2 or 3 and Wisconsin will be 5 or 6. Ohio State causes 3 turnovers, which sets up good field position and changes the dynamics of the game. Buckeyes win 31-20.

College Football Playoffs: 1) Bama (13-0); 2) Ohio St (13-0); 3) Clemson (12-1); 4) Georgia (12-1). Pac 12 is essentially eliminated Week 1 when Auburn beats Washington. I don't see USC, Stanford, or Washington running the tables in the Pac 12. Georgia will go undefeated in the regular season and lose in a close game to Bama in the SEC CG. They get the nod over a 2 loss Big 12 Champion and a 2 loss Pac 12 Champion.

Playoffs: Ohio State finally gets revenge on Clemson 28-13. Georgia beats Bama for the first time in 3 tries. Georgia beats Ohio St. in a classic. Haskins comes back and the future is bright w/ Haskins, Dobbins, Victor/Mack/maybe Hill, and company returning back.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments