Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: When’s the Least Confident You’ve Been Before a Buckeye Football Game?

0 HS
Kevin Harrish's picture
August 27, 2018 at 8:00am
79 Comments

This question came to me as I was pondering Ohio State's first three games of the season, which will be played without Urban Meyer at the helm.

I sincerely think the Buckeyes are going to absolutely dismantle all three of those teams, which includes No. 16 TCU. And that got me thinking – when's the last time I seriously, seriously thought the Buckeyes were going to lose? More than that, when's the last time I was all-but sure they would lose?

For me, it was the 2016 Fiesta Bowl: The Sequel (the semifinal against Clemson on Dec. 31, not the one against Notre Dame on Jan. 1). I actually drove across the country to watch that game, and spent the entire trip explaining how I didn't think Ohio State would be able to do anything against Clemson's defensive line.

I was uh, right.

I think the lack of confidence helped me enjoy the trip, because I had absolutely no expectation that the Buckeyes would win that game from the start, and so when they got blasted 31-0, it didn't really sting anywhere near as it should have.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments