Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This is Why We Need a New Generation of Media...another Inaccurate Story

+3 HS
Sheridanclan11's picture
August 26, 2018 at 6:09pm
42 Comments

I found the following article on Yahoo today.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-punishment-urban-meyer-should-have-rec...

It was written by Michael Tomasky at DailyBeast last night after only about 100 articles have come out and Coach Meyer. In it, Tomasky states, "In the 2015 incident, which happened while Smith was at OSU, he was arrested on felony charges of domestic violence and felonious assault. Courtney Smith didn’t press charges, but the couple divorced the next year."  He also references, "Dogged Reporting" by Brett McMurphy. There are many who have read this article and believe he has his facts straight. I commented that he lied in the article and though he should probably be fired for it, I would accept a simple apology. But there won't be an apology and certainly no one will see the apology if it miraculously happens. 

This generation of media can lie in articles or misstate facts because there is no one that will hold them accountable for their lies. Many in the media simply don't care and no one has the time to verify every article they read with multiple sources. In the case of Tomasky, he is either lazy and nefarious. Either way, what are the odds we see a retraction? We need a new generation of media that actually cares about the facts. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments