Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How Will the First 3 Games Affect the Rest of the Season?

+4 HS
Buckeye Beast's picture
August 23, 2018 at 10:06am
88 Comments

I'm tired of the continued scandal talk. For better or worse, its over now.

I'm more interested in hearing out some thoughts on the first 3 games of the year, and offering my own. How do you think Urban's suspension affects the first 3 games? Does it change the play calling? The offense? Do we drop a game? Is it good in some weird way or decisively bad?

My thoughts are as follows:

1: We'll ultimately be fine as both the offense & defense will boast a former Head Coach (Wilson/Shciano) to help things go smooth.

2: I don't see us losing to Oregon State based on talent alone. No way we lose to Rutgers either based on the past few years we've faced them.

3: I'm actually not too worried about TCU. Their biggest weakness plays into one of our greatest strengths: Their offensive line is mediocre, our defensive line is great. 

4: Urban has been notoriously stubborn about the offense, many of us have hoped that would change this season. Logic dictates that given our personnel, you rely more on the Running Backs to run the ball this year & let the QB push the ball downfield. But what if that didn't happen?? I think we see a more wide open/aggressive offense with Day as the uncontested play caller, it leads to great results, and Urban decides not to make any changes upon his return. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments