Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Person UM and GS Were Supposed to Report to Actually Informed THEM? Full Report Confusion

+6 HS
Buckeye Knight's picture
August 23, 2018 at 12:31am
87 Comments

So I read through the full report a couple of times.  What I don't understand is to WHOM Urban and Gene were supposed to report this alleged DV case (which the police found no evidence of)?

On page 7, the report states: "(i) In October 2015, Miechelle Willis, then the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for the Athletics Department, received information from the Ohio State Campus Police about the Powell Police investigation; Willis immediately notified AD Smith, who in turn notified Coach Meyer during a football practice that Zach Smith was under investigation for domestic violence and could be arrested at any time. AD Gene Smith recalls Coach Meyer having an immediate and strong negative reaction to this news;"

So the person they would report the allegations to, actually told Gene, who actually told Urban?  Or is there a separate Office/person from Miechelle Willis that Gene/Urban were apparently supposed to decide to supersede both the police and Title IX Office investigations with?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 87 Comments