Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Brett McMurphy Essentially Confirms the Shannon Smith Story

+15 HS
OSU_JD's picture
August 20, 2018 at 4:41pm
243 Comments

What follows is a cribbed, rushed transcript I made of Brett's interview on 105.7 The Zone:

Did you contact OSU for comment?  

I did not contact…Urban is not going to comment.  Gene Smith is not going to comment. I did talk to Zach’s attorney (as indicated in the report). I did contact the school (about the affair and the transfer of Shannon Smith).  All the information I had was from documentation – I could have called OSU’s PR department and they would have said “no comment”.  I contacted Zach’s attorney (as reported).

Remember, the reason I wrote this story is because Zach was having sex with a subordinate…taking pictures at an Official OSU function…and taking photos with his school-issued phone.

Zach Smith shared these photos in some way...(McMurphy refused to expound further on what he meant by this, indicating he is protecting a source)

OSU would not confirm the reason (Shannon Smith) was transferred, only the dates of the transfer. 

(Somewhere in here, he confirms he was looking at an employee who was transferred in July 2015 from Football to somewhere else in the Athletics Department.) 

Essentially, McMurphy poked around the Shannon Smith/Zach Smith affair, but he's apparently not reporting it for some reason. My guess is that means that neither Ryan Smith nor Shannon Smith are the source, because they would confirm the affair and that's a better story.  This tells me that Courtney hacked/stole the photos somehow, which is what Koffel is referring to in his texts:

Koffel: You know these were accessed illegally. Another felony

McMurphy: I don’t know how they were accessed. Can you answer my questions please

Koffel: You absolutely know or should know these were obtained without my client’s consent. If not, you do know.

Koffel: *now
Koffel: This is receiving stolen property.
Koffel: If any one of this is published or referenced we will refer to the county prosecutor. This is a felony ORC 2913.04
Koffel: Also you are under RC 2913.05

So where are we?  I absolutely believe the affair is known by the Committee, and if anything was wrong with her transfer, that goes to Gene Smith. 

I'm still gravely concerned about the Committee declaring the football offices a sexually harassing "hostile work environment". However, Ryan Smith said the interview with the investigative committee did not go well, so who knows how that is going to go. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 243 Comments